A Review

Ok - Sorry about these being so late - I hate when life is so hectic! This is probably going to be totally long and I apologize. I promise to be more timely in the future.

CSI: NY

Run Silent Run Deep

I loved, absolutely loved this episode. There are so many different things that I could say about this episode, probably too many to name here - so I'll try to limit it to the best points. Honestly think it was the best episode of the season, but maybe that's because I'm a little biased. Lol I loved how they brought Tanglewood back into the picture, such a simple, unsuspecting way. . It definitely gave Danny's character more depth and showcased Carmine's infinite acting abilities. Did anyone else think that Sonny Sasone aged badly? Lol. Flack - he was also wonderful during this episode and you learned that he really does have more to him than just his snarky, sarcastic self, especially after makes the comment to Flack about staying with Danny and Flack is like "Don't worry, we're not going anywhere."

I agree totally with Dream about the whole underwear comment - too funny - and about the whole Danny/Lindsay dynamic -- I would think that they've got to be building to something or maybe they're just teasing us, just to see us shippers sweat. I also liked the Mac/Danny interaction because it shows, as Dream said, how much the characters have evolved and matured. It's always good to see character growth.

I loved the flashback scene. It really did add a lot to the backstory, as well as being funny to watch. It also made Sonny's comment at the end of Tanglewood make more sense.


All Access

This episode...wow. Honestly, that's all I could think when I saw the preview, then watching the episode...wow. There are so many things...You would never think of Stella as being someone with weakness, yet in this episode she was and it was refreshing. Despite how we all make fun of her..um..gills, I've (personally) never been one to see her with a real weakness. We've seen her get frustrated when she can't solve a case but she's always been "strong". Does that make sense? And while, granted being beaten and nearly killed isn't necessarily a way I would want to have happen to anyone, it's nice to see that each character has their quirks and flaws. I really hope that makes sense to everyone.

Did anyone else think that Frankie was going to turn out to be a friggin' psychopathic freak?!? Oh my word...Wow. He like flipped a switch - did he go off his meds? It was just bizarre...and frightening...Maybe because there's a realistic factor that it could happen to anyone........

I also, like Dream, cringed when I saw that another music star was being showcased on the show. I did not, absolutely did not like Travis Barker on CSI: Vegas, but I'll get into that more later. But I was pleasantly surprised with Kid Rock's performance and subsequent acting. There were times however, that I found it hard to follow the case involving him got lost in the shuffle amongst Stella's case. But maybe that was just me and I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Again, I have to agree with Dream that the scene with Stella cutting her fingers with the razor was a bit gruesome to say the least, but I feel that the scenes with Flack made up for that. Who knew that Flack could be that caring and sensitive? I mean yeah, he was with Danny to a point too, but he wasn't just being a dectective when he was talking to Stella, he was being a true friend. I'm not sure that in real life they would have let him question her given their friendship, but I'm going along with the theory that he told them she would talk more freely to him than anyone else...so there. :-p

Stealing Home

This looks to be another interesting episode...Especially when the woman slaps Mac, I'm wondering what Stella is going to do. The B Case looks like it might be building up to some character development for Lindsay, hopefully since I would like to know more about her other than she's from Montana and she replaced the very much loved Aidan (not that I didn't love her, just that she's gone, and while she's coming back to assist in solving a case, she's not staying).



CSI: VEGAS

Poppin' Tags

Personally, while I liked this episode, I wasn't thrilled with it. Maybe because it just didn't...make total sense to me. I understood the premise and everything, it just lacked...depth. Almost as if it was an episode that was thought of last minute to fill a slot, but again maybe it's just me.

I do agree with Dream (I know I know again!) that Travis Barker can not act to save oxygen. The scenes with him had me wondering if I would have a less painful time watching the grass grow.

I just didn't care for this episode as much as others...

Rashomama

I thought that this episode was kinda funny. There were just so many coincidences that occured -- it was refreshing to see a slightly comical aspect brought into an episode.

And that mother...whew...made me thankful for mine...lol.

CSI: MIAMI

Dead Air (aka As The Lab Turns --- lol)

Dream said it best...What is going on with Miami? (I'm sorry if I'm repeating some things) Is it turning into an primetime soap opera? Can we say confusing?? Where did the case go? I blinked and it was solved. Why is it that this show seems to have all of the dysfunctional relationships? I mean, Natalia calls for a break between her and Delko, then Ryan goes after her, but she's mad at Delko? Isn't there a code or something between guys that states no dating the ex? Just seems weird to me. Personally I don't like Natalia...she just seemed to come out of nowhere and just fills in gaps in the story arcs. And what is up with Ryan asking Delko for the money to fund his date? I really couldn't believe that when I read it in Dream's review, I honestly have to say that I didn't believe it, thinking that maybe she missed something earlier in the episode. However I watched it and there was nothing, just Ryan with some lame excuse about leaving his money at home...what is up with that??? Ever heard of an atm? Or using your debit/credit/check card at the restaurant??? Come on -- where is the realism?

Marisol and H...Where to begin - I've said it in another post - she is the healthiest looking cancer patient that I have ever seen. And (I'm sorry I'm not sure who said it) H does seem to have a hero/save the victim/fix the problem/make everything sunshine-y complex going on. But again, everyone has a quirk, they just all seem to land in Miami...wonder if there's something in the water.

Ok - I think I've hit everything that I wanted to say - sorry if I repeated alot of things, it wasn't intentional. Congrats if you haven't gotten bored by this point and thanks for reading! :D

3 comments:

Krista said...

Good observations, as always, Holly! Have you watched Miami's 'Open Water' yet? You'll have to post your thoughts on that when you do...

Holly said...

I started to watch it yesterday - but I fell asleep!! I promise it wasn't the show, that it was me - lol. I was exhausted. I plan on finishing it tonight, and hopefully - barring any more power outages, adding my thoughts tonight. :D

Sheri said...

Honestly 'Open Water' is the ep I'll get after I catch up on the NY ep's I 'need'...just to fully comprehend the lovely convo Krista wrote...ahaha