Now THAT is what I'm talking about!

See last night...that was fantastic. I thought it was some of the best New York had to offer I really did. I almost wish it was a two hour special because that much could have been done with it. However they did well with one hour and I'm glad both victims conntected to the other. At first I was thinking that a second case wasn't needed, but the fact that they were connected worked for me.

Edward Furlong was creepy and yet sad. At the end there when Danny shows him that his brother Ian actually shot the bartender you could see the different stages of emotion that Shane went through right to the defeat when he slid down the wall and dropped the gun. That was such a great moment and I'm glad they let Danny run with it. I wish they would have said more about Louie, cause honestly I'm a bit miffed that we still don't know if Louie is alive, dead or still in a coma. More info on that would have been nice, but getting to Danny by talking about a younger brother having to take care of his older brother was a nice touch. I love it when they delve into that man's character.

OOOH and the burn for Peyten...FIRST Mac pushes her hand off his face and THEN he calls her Claire...holy crap...that was...wow...I can imagine Peyten was beyond hurt that was mean. I mean it wasn't a shock for me that in the wake of finding Claire's son that she would be foremost on Mac's mind but my goodness that's a low blow. And uh did anyone think that Peyten looked a lot like the pics of Claire that Mac had? Maybe I was reaching but that week that he went to see Claire's kid (his name escapes me) I thought the pics looked similar. Either way I wonder if they will continue at all with the Peyten storyline or if it'll just die down. Probably the latter.

I wish there could have been a bit more with Hawkes, but I LOVED the scene with Mac barelling into the precinct to talk to Hawkes AND that Flack went to bat for him even though last week he was questioning if he should trust Mac. That whole scene was fantastic I just loved it. The Chief is an ass yet you could tell he wasn't all bad...just probably doesn't really understand the CSI's work and probably is of the 'they aren't real cops' mindset.

Stella's comment to the chief about going after one of her guys was awesome! I loved it 'I will make it my business to have your badge' or something to that affect. Oh wow that was amazing. And we got to have our reactionary Danny back! So good! I just loved him this ep...more than normal...when he confronted the bouncer and then when he talked it out with Mac and Stella and Stella was the one to come at him about how it would effect Hawkes. It just.

Yeah I loved this ep...I'm sorry that this may be the end of the Shane Casey thing...although there was that FBI murder last week that will obviously come back in the new year since I think they are probably going into repeats over the month of December. Fine with me...I hope they are consistent with eps next season too...I look forward to it!

I think I've almost given up on Miami...I just...yeah...H is too much. The over dramatics almost always pains me...can't do it. Vegas is like old faithful...it just makes me all happy to watch it. I'll be sad to see Griss go (whenever that is) and interested to see how that plays out.

I'm done now...gonna go do the work thing. Anyone else have comments?

1 comments:

Krista said...

Amen and amen, sista friend. That was a fantazmic episode all around. I was SOOOOOO happy to have Danny back in full force. The reactions - the impulsiveness, the 'looking out for my friend'-ness...it was all perfect.

I am so, so, so happy that they are finally making use of the uber talented actors they have in the NY roster. My hopes are returning for this show in a big, big way. Patronizing to the fans last year with the whole D/L thing brought me this close to writing the whole shebang off.

Redemption is sweet indeed.

More, more, more, please! Please, oh, please! :)

Edward Furlong was such a good choice for Shane Casey. It's a shame that guy's talent seems to be overlooked in the general industry.