Well I'm convinced of one thing after finally watching "Murder Sings the Blues" Peyten Driscoll definitely is majorly smittin' with Mac Taylor.
Mac on the other hand looks at her like he's wondering why she's touching him. You know I'm all for Mac having a relationship and moving on from Claire but if I'm supposed to believe that they have feelings for each other it would help if Mac didn't look like he was being forced to escort his long lost cousin to the opera. (By the way getting called out of the opera for a case is SO something I wrote in a fic before this...I swear TPTB owe me...lol) He just doesn’t look like he’s into it NEARLY as much as she is. There is no chemistry that I can see. Even though I like both characters I just don’t see them really into it, it’s contrived and devoid of passion. It would make more sense to pair him with Stella and I don’t think I’d want that either. So yeah that’s my take on that.
Then we have Hawkes and his connection to the victim. I am so excited that Hawkes is getting more storyline this season. I'm even willing to give up seeing Danny for it. It seemed a BIT of a far stretch that he met her a few months ago and she still had the post it note that he wrote his number on in her purse. She looked the type to change her purse and it's contents many times a week so I don't get how his number always seemed to be with her, even though she never called it. Point of interest only, still loved seeing more of Hawkes!
I liked that they showed Mac as not always being right. The fact that he tore a strip off Hawkes in front of everyone and wouldn’t let Lindsay leave was poignant and showed that Mac doesn’t always have it together. It was also brilliant how Hawkes dealt with it by calmly making a very good point before leaving the lab. Their moment at the end even if it didn't have a formal apology worked for me. They are professional men probably not big on long drawn out I'm sorrys. They were talking again and understanding each other and that's all that matters.
I find it interesting though that someone who is SO about the evidence would go so hard against that one guy just because he had a criminal record. Isn’t that prejudice? Sort of like guilty in spite of? I mean it shows that Mac isn’t perfect but if he’s gonna fire Aiden for tampering and get Danny off the promotion grid because he went with his gut then it doesn’t seem to ring true to me that Mac should be able to push for a guy who has no evidence against him. And again, second week in a row, Lindsay actually following the evidence is shot down. I’m still wondering at how they are dealing with her character but throw her a bone. Are you gonna get her in trouble for following her instincts AND for following the evidence? Where the heck is she supposed to go then?
Danny wasn't in the ep much so he was pretty but character wise I didn't get much. LoL I do love it when he and Flack get to have those funny dialogue moments and his 'I hate rich people I really do' plus Flack calling him Dan-o made for a really fun interaction which lightened the episode for sure.
Anyway that's my take on last week. I'm still a bit confused as to where they are going this season but I do like the new character development. Now just make Lindsay believable to me! Hell steal how I write her I don't care just give us something! I'm done now...really I am. :)
Play by Play
Designed By Free CSS Templates
0 comments:
Post a Comment