Love Run Cold...Very Cold

Alright, I’ve finally watched Love Run Cold, two weeks late I know…I was very apprehensive about watching Danny get stood up and the fact that it was by Lindsay – well let’s just say I was screaming “Let’s stop the insanity!”. However, I am actually glad (breathe…everyone just breathe…) that it happened this way because it causes angst and we all know that angst allows for character development and growth. I don’t like the way date came out of nowhere but at least she admitted that she liked him – a lot – and we are starting to learn a little more about her past…Which is something that I definitely want to know more about…

About the cases - where to start – I thought it was definitely a little choppy…I mean being stabbed with a scepter of vodka? And the runner who was poisoned with carbon monoxide? I thought that the B case was slightly far fetched, but stranger things have happened right?

Hung out to Dry was another good episode, diverting away from ships and back to basics. This episode was purely about the case and nothing more, and boy was it was a bit gruesome. I mean, while it was an excellent use of technologies that are available to television shows, was it really necessary to show the guy with the railroad spikes through the guy’s eye sockets and then have Mac pull the actual eyeballs out of the cup? And the headless chick hanging from the ceiling fan? *shivers* Despite all of goriness, I think this is one of my favorite episodes simply because of the Greek mythology they built into the show. I took 8 years of Latin which incorporated learning all of the myths (both Greek and Roman) and it just made me very happy.

I do have to say that Ed Furlong plays the creepy Shane Casey very, very well. There’s just something about him that makes him seem perfect for the part. The fact that they are making this a multi-episode arc also makes me extremely happy – I love when there is distinctive continuity between episodes.

So far I’m really happy with CSI NY this season. I have to say that I am digging Danny’s hair this season. It makes him look totally sexy…but then again it may just be me…

Well, I think I’ve done enough yakking, off to watch Oedipus Hex…

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I totally understand why you avoided watching Love Run Cold...but didn't I tell you the stand up part wasn't that bad.

I just wish they'd give me just a BIT more about Lindsay so that I can actually sympathize with her instaed of think she is a high school girl in a grown up job.

It's true the man is hot...be an adult about it and jump him like the rest of us want to or pine in silence. LoL

Holly said...

LMAO! I'll be the adult!!! I'll be the adult!!!

Totally agree - we need to know more about her to feel/empathize/go along with her situation.

I mean however - really -- how many situations can there be that would cause you to NOT want to jump that man's bones could there?