Here goes:
I've decided I like it when Gary Sinise produces NY episodes. The bone I've been picking all season is that the story lines have seemed so...shallow of late. Weird deaths with nothing to make me empathize with victim or killer. The crimes have seemed so impersonal and irrelavent.
The past two episodes have made up for that, in my humble opinion, and the only thing that seems to have been different is that Mr. Sinise has produced both eps. So, kudos to him. Perhaps I will keep a running tab of kudos and see who comes out on top... :P
My other beef has been that I've felt somewhat patronized to of late. Maybe it's because I know what's going on in the fangirl world re: Danny and Lindsey's characters that I've reacted so strongly, but here's my thing:
- I admit that I'm not a Danny/Lindsey shipper. I'm not really a shipper, period. I don't watch ER mainly for that reason and I've resented that CSI:NY has shown inklings of sliding down that slippery slope.
- If you're gonna pander to the fangirls rabid desire to see Danny get some action from one of the canon characters, DON'T FORCE IT! Their first few 'encounters' were so contrived and ridiculous that it made me angry.
Not that I don't want to see Danny get some action. Let's not put the cart in front of the horse here, I'm as attracted to the guy as the next girl. However, my attraction isn't so much about what's under the clothes as it is what's under the thinly veiled venir of the character of Danny Messer. He's intense. He's needy. He's reactive. He's got a definite 'bad boy'edness about him. He makes me want to be the one to fix him. It's good stuff.
Mr. Giovinazzo is a pro at playing Danny's character, let's be honest. He's so wicked good at the non-verbal communication it can be painful. Take 'On the Job' for instance: Never have I wanted to mother a complete stranger so bad in my life. All from a look. Terrible.
Maybe this is why I haven't completely warmed up to Lindsey yet. She just doesn't have that same force of character that Danny does. Aiden had it, Lindsey...not so much. I'm gonna need backstory or an honestly vulnerable moment or something.
Dream tells me the promo for 'Run Silent, Run Deep' shows Danny crying while hugging Mac. Come on now. How wicked awesome is that?? I. Love. Character development! I've already decided that this episode is destined to be my favorite. I can't wait!!!
2 comments:
Love the site so far! Ok...now down to business...
I loved this episode. I agree that there have been episodes this season that have lacked...depth...for lack of a better term. I love it when there is personalization among the characters and that they can make me feel for the characters whether they be good or bad. I love it when I see different sides of characters that you don't normally see...And Gary Sinise...well...he's just...awesome. There is no other word to describe him.
Dream is right - Danny does cry in "Run Silent, Run Deep" and he tells Mac that he needs a friend, not a boss...and Louie's going into the hospital with Danny screaming at him that he'd better not leave...it's all very sentimental. I'm very excited to see the episode.
Ok...I think I've rambled enough...until next time. :D
ACK Holly! You're kidding me about the Louie in the hospital? Although Krista and I kinda figured that would be the case still!
For the love...my reaction to that episode is gonna be exponetial it really is! *sigh*
Hopefully I'll get my own post up soon..thanks for joining by the way! ;)
Post a Comment