Uh, Kid Rock...what??

Again I gotta say that although I enjoyed some of the DL moments in the B case when one of the main characters is in jeapordy having a B case just takes away from the momentum. Now I'll give Kid Rock SOME kudos he did a hell of a better job at 'acting' than Travis Barker did on Vegas, his 'Hi-Def' was just horrendous...stick to drumming Travis...you're at least good at that.

Now for the episode. I absolutely LOVED Flack! I loved how sweet and gentle he was with Stella. How concerned and yet thorough. It was great to see that side of him instead of just the cranky sarcastic guy we usually get. His sweetness showed a bit last week with Danny but it was just amazing this week! He really is coming into his own that character...I wonder if that's a preview to...ehm I shall not inflict my spoilers.

I always love Danny of course. I just can't help it. (I watched RSRD again yesterday I love it when he's talking about the spray on panty hose and does the action! LOL Then when Stella explains he's like 'I love women.' and licks his lips...*sigh*) Anyway back to this episode. I really enjoy the maturity that has shown in his character. It only makes sense that over the course of the last two years he's gonna mature a little bit...I wouldn't think he'd keep his job otherwise...so it was nice to see him calm Lindsay down when she freaked in the interrogation room.

Speaking of Lindsay...can someone explain to me the huge amount of disdain for Lindsay/Anna that I have been noticing?? I mean believe me I get the inconsistancy with her character development (hating the nickname Montana and now loving it...are they sleeping together now? Does he call her that in bed and now she doesn't mind?) I also get the whole annoyance with trying to get people to like her character by thrusting (sorry poisonista I know how much you hate that word...lol) her next Danny in every episode like you are persuading us to like her by pimping her next to the franchises golden boy. But honestly the whole hating on Anna's acting and wanting Lindsay to die a slow and painful death?? Come on now people, it's TV get a friggin' grip. It's funny to me how the haters get annoyed when the supporters take their disdain pesonally, but then they seem to be over analyzing the show more than I do...and that's intense. Would I have liked Aiden to stay? Hell ya! Did I like her dynamic with Danny? Most definitely. But she's gone, she's coming back and will then be gone for good...so ease up on the new girl. Give her some breathing space people...frankly I like her for the most part. Yeah there are some scenes that are insanely wooden that I'd change...but I can't...it's TV...move on. And this is coming from someone who knows the character Danny Messer so well people say I live in his brain...lol

Back to the ep...Melina was fantastic...even though I'm not sure I totally buy Frankie's night and day transformation. However, I have heard that some of the scariest abusers are just that good...so it stands to reason that he could have been a closet psychopath the whole time...I mean what did we know about him except that he could sculpt and seem to persue Stella like a maniac? (okay so he may have been a maniac then...) The cold way he was setting up for dinner and the way he hit her...dragging her up stairs so her face hits them...holy shit! Her cutting herself to get free wigged me out...I actually almost changed the channel it was that affective. I'm a little 'eh' about the idiocy that Frankie had about not turning off the safety...but heck he was so cocky at that moment I can let it slide. It gave a thorough reason for her to shoot him because it was obvious he planned to kill her. Creepy. Her leaving at the end was great...I hope she took Mac up on his offer of getting her a hotel. That last shot of the blood spatter on that sculpture was just creepy...I loved it. Very artistic it worked for me.

The B case was a B case...the groupie killed the driver cause she didn't get a pass. Unfortunately there are creeps like that...and groupies dumb enough to do that...I've met some...totally sick. Again I liked it only for the DL interaction which is subtly working for me. If this is their subtle way of telling us that the two of them are closer than we know then I like it. We aren't been saturated with the soap opera aspect of it. They are acting normally at work which makes sense to me...much better than 'As the Lab Turns'. Speaking of acting normally at work, is it right that Danny is so composed with his brother either dead or still in a coma? Does he take meds to be that put together? And next week Stella is back at work...so uh...what Mac made it all go away? Or there is a time jump that we don't know about?

Either way all in all I liked the episode and am waiting with baited breath for the following ones...I honestly can't wait. So I'm done now...if you read this far...my kudos!

0 comments: