I like to take new shows for a 'test ride' as it were before I really get into them. Sometimes I don't want to get into it until I know they are going to be picked up for a full season because it's not fun when you're really into a show and it gets cancelled. Really it sucks, just ask any browncoat. :)
My new plan for this particular blog is to try and do 'play by plays' of the shows that I watch. Apparently I'm amusing when I do this so I thought it might be fun to type out while I watch. We'll see how I do, there a lot of shows that I enjoy but only some where the play by play will work so I'll do a test run on these shows next week and we'll see how it goes.
So this season I've started a couple of new shows. I've still got my stand bys, Castle and CSI:NY (although to be honest I'm not sure why I watch NY right now, it's mostly out of habit). The Big Bang Theory is a good one too, very funny, it's a show DH and I can watch together. Bones is always going to be one of my faves even if it's starting later in the year. November 3rd is actually not later it's TOO LATE, I mean come on almost two months before Christmas really?? I get it, lead actress was pregnant, but still! I don't like waiting people, I like my shows to arrive like clockwork! Hawaii Five-0 was a new one last year and now that it's picked up for a second season I can get even more involved, I hope this one lasts, it's fun, gritty and sexy all the makings of a good show for me ;) Plus the characters, you gotta have characters I can get my head around (having some that are great to look at isn't a bad thing either, just saying).
I like the NCIS's but haven't kept up with them in the last year or so. Anyway new shows that I'm trying on for size. Ringer, Person of Interest and The Secret Circle.
I'm watching Ringer because I loved Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy and so far I like it. It's a bit hard to follow because so many story lines are intersecting so I hope it doesn't get so bogged down in all that's happening to forget key points in the plot. I've seen three episodes so far and it's got me interested enough to watch the fourth, I'll try to do a play by play of that when I do.
Person of Interest is, well, interesting. I like the two main characters, I find that I'm interested in learning what makes Reese tick and they've given us enough back story that I can understand why he's so dark and brooding. You know besides the obvious need to have a dark and brooding character, people seem to latch on to that for some reason. :) Finch is a little bit more mysterious, I can't seem to decide if he's being noble or if there's another reason for why he's doing what he's doing. Plus I'm very curious as to what caused him to have a limp and such a stiff neck. In short I will continue to watch this show.
The Secret Circle is another teen super natural show, from the creator of The Vampire Diaries. I'm not sure where I am with this one, in fact so far if I'm gonna drop one it'll be this one but we'll see. It's another one that could get too bogged down with multiple plot lines that it could lose it's audience, it's also one where there is forbidden love so it could gain an audience there. Who knows? Jury's still out on that one...I'll have to try a play by play on the next episode I watch of that and see what happens.
Anyway there's a lot of TV to watch this season and since I've taken a break from facebook I think I'm gonna enjoy seeing where these seasons go, and what shows I'm still going to be watching in spring. Feel free to follow the ride if you dare. *insert evil laugh here* ;)
Play by Play
Designed By Free CSS Templates
0 comments:
Post a Comment