I have thoughts and questions about the plot points this season is taking. For example, what the heck are they doing with Kono? Has she really gone rogue? Is she undercover? She kicks some serious ass so it would suck if she couldn't get her badge back and join the team again.
Also I'm enjoying that they brought on Terry O'Quinn's character Lt. Commander Joe White (generic name, I'm surprised he's not just John Smith or John Doe :p ). Having a father figure type on the show actually gives Steve a bit more humanity if that makes sense. He's always being so bad ass it's nice that there is someone bad assier than him? (Not sure if bad assier is a term, but it is now. :) His bad assness being taught to him by Joe himself. Granted because it's Terry O'Quinn I don't want to trust him and I'm naturally assuming he has something to hide.
Speaking of softening the Steve McGarrett the new recruit Lori Weston could do just that although it's too early to tell. Both actors could probably have chemistry with a paper sack so they fact that they do with each other isn't shocking. However I don't want to be pummelled over the head with it, if they get together fine, but I wouldn't want the focus of Five-0 to turn into a late night soap, I do enjoy the bad assery much more than the romance. (Note to self make a list of all the 'bad ass' terms possible)
Now on to this episode...I shall commence the play by play, which is I will throw random comments out as I watch the episode, I will come back and edit before posting but if you haven't seen this episode and don't like spoilers stay away from the cut cause I will not hide any major plot point if it pertains to my play by play. :)
Read on:
The opening sequence always makes me long for a trip to Hawaii. It's like the state gets sexy advertising every time a new ep airs...lol
Bikini clad women en masse...check
Jaws reference...check
Kid who plays the joke finding a human hand...ch...wait that's just gross. Although as a person who hates practical jokes I kinda hope he has a couple of nightmares after that.
Cue credits
Haha this shrimp thing is kinda making me hungry. Steve is right the three flavours are the standby but I gotta say just because I find Kamekona a likeable character I'd try his different shirmp flavours...I mean shrimp on a stick? That's gold!
Is it wrong that watching Steve McGarrett chew is kinda hot? Yeah it's wrong I'll stop that.
Max is awesome! Adding Masi Oka to the regular cast was genius! His quirky little quips are adorable and I kinda like the look on everyone's face when he pointlessly rambles on especially while he was peeling the skin off the hand much to Steve and Danny's disgust.
OOOH pirate gold. I wasn't really feeling this week's victim until the pirate gold...or at least what looks like it to me.
Okay I get it they want to give the guys romantic interests this season, so we meet the elusive doctor that is to be Danny's 'interest', just wish his interest in her wasn't so awkwardly overt...although you can tell Steve is thinking the same thing so that's fun haha
Then Danny lobbies for her to get one of the coins and Steve sees through Danny knowing Danny's interested which leads us to one of the many fun Steve/Danny conversations that make them sound like an old married couple.
Speaking of romantic interests here's Steve's from last season, honestly I didn't expect to see her again, while I'm sure their extra curricular activities are fun (look at the man I mean really) they just seemed like acquaintances with benefits. I mean half the time he's only calling her cause he wants something involved in a case he's working. She should realize she's being used, even if the flower is a sweet gesture. Yeah that whole exchange screams of you scratch my back I scratch yours if they are in an actual relationship I'll be astounded.
Steve teasing Danny about the museum interaction...priceless.
Also, where's Kono? We're fifteen minutes in and we haven't see her yet, I don't like this.
Jury's still out on Lori Weston, I have moments when I like her and moments when I wish it was Kono doing the investigating. I don't want to trust Lori because she's supposed to be the liaison to the deputy governor.
Huh Peter Fonda is doing more TV these days I seem to remember him being on CSI: New York last year.
Chin is covering for Kono, I hope to hell there is a good reason for her being such an idiot. Cause if it's just cause she's throwing a pity party I'm gonna be miffed at the writers for ruining a really good character!
Danny checked out the doctor's facebook page and Steve told Lori about Danny liking the hot doctor? Danny's right they really are in high school! LOL
Steve's diving with Joe? Cool bonding moment is it bad that I still don't want to trust him? Especially when Steve asked his 'friend' to look into something behind Joe's back.
Well there you are Kono! Over halfway through and she finally shows up even though I really don't like bitchy Kono...not even a little bit. Unless she's taking down a perp, then I like it when she's bitchy but that's the only time.
Okay William Baldwin is creepy here. I remember when he used to be hot, now he's just...creepy and all the Baldwin's are really starting to look the same...maybe that's why I think he's creepy. Or it could be the character he's playing is shady...I'm so smart sometimes it kills me.
Obligatory shirtless Steve, I approve :)
Max is SO funny in JPAC, he's just so excited...lol
Haha okay so I don't mind trying different shrimp, but shrimp flavoured ice cream umm no thanks.
This oddly lighted interrogation room is new...what's with that? I don't know if I like it.
Ah Lori is seeing the 'friend' (her name's Katherine I think) AND Steve called her 'an old friend'...see if I was Katherine I don't know that I'd like that very much. The sex must be amazing to be okay with that moniker. Oh she's being sent away...I like that...I'm sorry I like that. Ok I buy it he has some affection for her...wonder if he'll move on to the blond next.
OOOH Danny actually asked her out! Looks like his romantic life is going better than Steve's...although I think Steve needs to take Lori on that dinner date, but that's just me.
Chin and Kono again...he's so supportive I hope she actually deserves it.
Oh so we're gonna have the whole figuring out what Steve's father was doing on that video with Wo Fat thing throughout this season? Are we going to figure out why the hell Jenna was helping Wo Fat?? I don't have any lingering affections for Hesse, but why did Jenna help Wo Fat kill Hesse? I just don't get it. I didn't trust her from day one but I'm confused as to why we got that information and now have learned nothing new from it.
Right it's only episode four, I'll retract the claws and wait. This ep was good, kind of a throw away one but I liked it...now on to Castle. I love Monday night TV. :)
Play by Play
Designed By Free CSS Templates
0 comments:
Post a Comment