Altered review

Well this was going to be a review of last night's Vampire Diaries episode, which has finally come back after a hiatus that was too long. However this girl here thought the show was on at 9 when it was really on at 8 and so she missed it. It's not available online yet so I'll just wing it with something else.

What happened to the TV? Am I the only one who remembers when you would have a new episode from like September to May with very few interruptions in programming? I mean you'd have your break for the Holiday specials (Christmas and Easter) and that was usually just a week - maybe two at the most - then your show was back. If there was an interruption beyond that it was something that was considered a rare oddity...When did this month/two month crap of "breaks" start happening?

The other thing I miss is shows used to do "theme" episodes, for the holidays. There was the spooky one for Halloween, the Thanksgiving one, the Christmas/New Year's one...etc. What happened to that? CSI New York and Bones are the only two shows that I can think of doing it from time to time over the last four/five years. It seems like it's just faded away...

Ok one last though before I go start my day of running around. Does anyone else thing that reality tv has killed prime time? I could never seem to get on the bandwagon of RTv. Survivor just is stupid to me; seriously if they really wanted to have people "survive" strap some cameras to poles/trees/rocks and let the people be. When someone walks up to the camera and says - I'm done, I want to go home - a little boat/car/train comes, picks them up and then the game continues until no one is left. No tribal councils, no immunity games...BigBrother is just voyuerism on steriods. I can't say anything more than that. The only one that I think is half way decent (and that I will watch if I can't find anything else on and I don't have anything recorded on my DVR - which isn't often) is Dancing with the Stars - but even now seeing how they aren't being horribly selective on their "stars" aspect (Kate Gosselin - I mean, come on really? Someone really thinks she's a star because she's had 8 kids whom she's used to make a name for herself and a nasty divorce to boot? I just don't see it but she's truly a topic for another post).

Ok...One blog post down, one to go -- now it's time to get some work done around the house, run errands and try not to wake anyone in my house up for 1pm...

0 comments: